PDA

View Full Version : Whodunnit Riddle!

blinc
01-22-2001, 07:01 PM
A cop was walking past a restaurant when he heard someone scream - "No John, not the gun!" He ran inside and and saw a doctor, a lawyer, a milkman, and a dead body on the floor. He promptly walked over to the milkman and arrested him. He didn't witness the shooting and there was no apparent evidence to prove who shot the person and no one told him who the killer was. How did the policeman instantly know it was the milkman?

blinc
01-23-2001, 11:54 AM
Well darn, I didn't think this one would be hard... but I'll give a clue.

The cop walked into the room... no one said anything at all. The murder weapon was on the floor near the victim, but the lawyer, doctor and milkman were at the opposite side of the room. The person who was shot is the one who said, "No John, not the gun".

How did the cop know it was the milkman without anyone else saying anything? (nope, he didn't know any of the people prior to the incident).

Zephyrus
01-23-2001, 01:22 PM
Ok, here's what I think:

John is a man's name, and the milkman was the only person we know for sure is male (the doctor and the lawyer could have been female as well). The policeman heard someone scream "No John, not the gun" so this implies that the person screaming was probably someone who knew John well enough to call him by his first name and knew that he had a gun - quite possibly his wife.

It's a guess, but it's the best I can think of ;)

TTP
01-23-2001, 01:26 PM
I think the copper dude knew because the milkman had his name on his shirt.

jamesglewisf
01-23-2001, 02:18 PM
Zephyrus nailed it. Congrats.

blinc
01-23-2001, 06:23 PM
Yup! Alright Zephyrus, you got it on the first try even, congrats! :)

Zephyrus
01-23-2001, 11:42 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! MY FIRST WHODUNNIT RIDDLE!!!

Normally I don't stand a chance with these things, and I thought TTP's explanation was better :)

blinc
01-24-2001, 02:03 AM
TTP's guess was a good one too, wasn't it? The official answer was what you gave though. Because the Milkman was a man... hence the name John, while the lawyer and doctor were women. Ya figured it out right good there Zephyrus! {toothy}

blinc
01-27-2001, 08:46 AM
Another murder mystery... this one was easy, got it without looking at the answer first! ;)

A man was shot to death while in his car. There were no powder marks on his clothing, which indicated that the gunman was outside the car. However, all the windows were up and the doors locked. After a close inspection was made, the only bullet-holes discovered were on the man's body.
How was he murdered?

jamesglewisf
01-28-2001, 02:29 AM
The car was a convertible?

Debby
01-28-2001, 02:39 AM
That's got to be it,Jim :) I have a question about the first one, though...aren't there any female milkmen? Or would it then have been a milkperson? LOL

blinc
01-28-2001, 10:18 AM
Yep! Jim you got it, the car was a convertible. :)

I know what you mean Debby, we have a woman as a mailman... I call her our Mail lady. ;)

Zephyrus
01-29-2001, 03:29 AM
Awww, I come back here, there's a new riddle and someone's already solved it! {toothy}

I have to try harder!

blinc
01-30-2001, 01:27 PM
Well here ya go then... got to be quick around here, huh? {toothy}

What has six faces,
But does not wear makeup.
Has twenty-one eyes,
But cannot see?

KatCo
01-30-2001, 06:22 PM
I'll bite....

A dice? 6 sides (faces) and the total of the dots adds up to 21......

blinc
01-30-2001, 06:45 PM
P-) Ay matey, ye got 'er on the first whack! {toothy}

Geesh, and here I am struggling with every one of yours! T'aint fair! *chuckle*

Debby
02-01-2001, 07:59 PM
Good job!! I think that one would've taken me awhile. :)

blinc
02-02-2001, 11:33 AM
Well, here's one that I had to look to get the answer, then whapped myself for not seeing the obvious. {dunce} Maybe y'all will have better luck?

A mother has six children and five potatoes.
How can she feed each child an equal amount of potatoes, without using fractions?

jamesglewisf
02-02-2001, 11:28 PM
Mash them.

blinc
02-03-2001, 08:18 AM
Yep! Mash them or cut them into french fries. Alright, you're on a roll Jim!

Debby
02-03-2001, 04:49 PM
Awwww phoooey, I think I would have gotten that one...I need to check these riddles more often....gosh, can't even miss one day!! You guys just don't slow down LOL ;)

KatCo
02-04-2001, 03:07 PM
He who lacks it seeks it.
He who has it mistreats it.

What is it?

blinc
02-04-2001, 03:35 PM
{eek} Aaaaaaaaaah! She's back to tortue us! Heeeelp! {toothy}

Oh dear... sounds so simple, yet somehow have the feeling I'm going to be missing tufts of hair before this one is solved!

Umm...
"He who lacks it seeks it.
He who has it mistreats it."

Knowledge?
Self confidence/arrogance?
Aaargh! I dunno!!
Sleep?

Debby
02-05-2001, 06:45 PM
Love? Money? Youth? Wisdom? Hair?

*sits beside Blinc and starts pulling out hair*

blinc
02-05-2001, 08:57 PM
Health?

Debby, I think we're coming up with some terrific answers! We just gotta hang in there and wear KatCo down! {toothy}

KatCo
02-05-2001, 11:36 PM
Blinc you are correct! Yoo Hoo!

The correct answer is health, and unfortunately the riddle holds all to true for most of us in that we tend to mistreat our health when we have it, or at the very least take it for granted....

Well here's to everyone's health, may we all stay healthy!:D

blinc
02-06-2001, 09:07 AM
I'll toast that sentiment KatCo! :)

Woo Hoo! We finally wore things down to the right answer Debby! {mm}

blinc
02-07-2001, 07:45 PM
After the whodunnit, comes the sentencing part... ok, weak segway, but here's a riddle that kind of fits:

A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms to meet his fate. {eek}

The first is full of raging fire.

The second is full of assassins with loaded guns.

The third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years.

Which room is safest for him to enter?

KatCo
02-07-2001, 10:56 PM
I will say: room number 3 please.

If the lions haven't truly eaten for 3 years they themselves would be dead!

The room might be REALLY stinky, but at least you would survive!

blinc
02-07-2001, 11:13 PM
*whaps self on the head*

There's not long of a "stump KatCo" spell is there? {toothy}

Yep, that was the right answer, on the first guess even! I didn't get that riddle for a couple days, looking for the catch. then gave up and looked at the answer*dur* {homer} Thought for sure it would get someone else for a while!

Way to go Katco, Congratulations! :)

KatCo
02-08-2001, 11:31 AM
Thank Ya, Thank Ya! You are making me feel oh so smart {einstein}, but for how long?....all good things must come to an end ya know....ah shucks....

Debby
02-08-2001, 08:24 PM
That one actually occurred to me as well when I read it...that if they hadn't eaten in 3 years, it would be pretty safe to enter....but alas...I am again too late...Katco already got it.

*me thinks me needs to be faster* LOL

blinc
02-09-2001, 08:40 AM
Found another "whodunnit" type of riddle... here goes! :)

A man was found dead in the snow. Murdered.
The only tracks at the murder scene, were a set of footprints between two paralell lines. Who should the police be looking for?

Hint: The two parralell lines are not railroad tracks.

Alec
02-09-2001, 10:10 AM
It can't be skis because you would need poles. I guess it could have been someone pulling a dead person in a wagon, then he throws the guy out. No, how would he walk away. It could be a guy in a wheelchair. That doesn't seem likely because it would be hard to use a wheelchair in the snow, but that's all I can come up with.

TTP
02-09-2001, 10:53 AM
The snow plow operator dude!
{dude2}
or even
{dude}

Debby
02-09-2001, 09:13 PM
No clue here.....but my brains not real functional tonight..lol :)

blinc
02-09-2001, 09:41 PM
Oh man, Alec! {einstein} I can't believe you talked yourself right into the right answer! Yes! It was a person in a wheelchair! Geesh! I can't believe you got that right off the bat! Congratulations there guy - that was a really good bit of deductive reasoning. I'm impressed! :)

KatCo
02-12-2001, 12:36 PM
A well known fashion designer, wanting a break from the city "rat race", decided to spend a few days at a rural resort. Feeling like some fresh air after a day of reading and relaxing she decided to go for a winter stroll. That was the last time anyone saw her alive. The autopsy revealed that death was due to the pack she had had on her back. What was so deadly about this pack?

blinc
02-14-2001, 10:56 PM
Oooh, maybe since it was a rural setting... (I'm thinking a cabin in the woods?). The pack was something that was left at the cabin from the last visit... perhaps *wiggles eyebrows* a poisonous snake or spider or SCORPION {eek} had made a nest in the pack for the winter. She put it on without checking it out and as she was hiking, the heat from her body woke up the snake/spider/scorpion and then... she was BIT! {eek} She keeled over and died from the venom! Yah, that's what happend! I saw it with me own eyes! {eyes} {toothy}

KatCo
02-14-2001, 11:15 PM
Close but no cigar....

You are definitely on the right track though!!!;)

Pamella
02-14-2001, 11:50 PM
The pack was simply too heavy and she had a heart attack from over exhaustion?

*smile*
Mel :)

blinc
02-14-2001, 11:56 PM
Or bees? The bees came buzzing out of the pack, she tried running from them and had Mel's heart attack! Yah man, that's it for sure! Hee hee! {toothy}

[t]Oooh, I need to go to bed. Getting punchy over here.

Pamella
02-15-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by blinc
...and had Mel's heart attack! Yah man, that's it for sure!

I'm haveing a heart attack?
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

KatCo
02-15-2001, 02:38 PM
You guys are a scream.....

Did we have our coffee this morning?

Well sorry to say that so far the correct answer hasn't been posted so here's a hint:

What kind of "packs" are there? {toothy}

blinc
02-15-2001, 06:24 PM
Nah Mel - not YOU - just borrowed your heart attack idea! I wouldn't give ya a heart attack just like that! not without a good reason! Hee hee!

*looks at Mel*

Erm, do you know of any other kind of packs? The only one I can think of is a back pack.

Oooh, wait - she grabbed a 12 pack! Drank all the beer, thought she saw a snake/scorpion/bees from hallucinating and THEN had a heart attack? {freak}

Debby
02-15-2001, 08:59 PM
Uhhhhh, she had a pack of cigarettes? And died of cancer? Oh well of course not...just the only other kind of pack I could think of...unless it was a pack of wolves...LOL That WOULD explain it!!! :)

blinc
02-16-2001, 12:25 AM
Was it some kind of a medical pack?

KatCo
02-16-2001, 12:10 PM
You are correct Debbie!!! Way to go, you stumbled on the correct answer! Way to go! {party}

The answer is indeed a "Pack" of wolves...

Debby
02-16-2001, 06:32 PM
Well woohoo!!!! Yippeee! {toothy} I actually got one before Blinc! Oh my! I was only joking when I posted it, but then after I had posted it, I thought you know...that just might really be it!! :)

blinc
02-16-2001, 10:18 PM
Aw Man! {toothy}
Way to go Debby - even if it was a stumble - ya fell in the right direction and it sure counts! {mm} Congrats!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started another Mystery thread, located here:
http://www.frappydoo.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1525
So, I'm closing this one on down!